Want to contribute to ASEAN Economist? Please see our writers guidelines below and email us with your stories at contact [at] aseaneconomist [dot] com
We welcome submissions from both well-known and beginner writers in the form of news features (400-500 words) and opinion pieces (800-1,000 words), which provide new insight and analysis on the economy of individual countries and ASEAN region as a whole.
Formatting: Please single space between sentences, single line break between paragraphs and do not indent paragraphs.
Style: Please take care to proofread your own work for grammar before submitting it. All submissions are subject to an editorial review process, proofing and possible headline change. Writers will be notified if major editing is required.
Sources: Please be sure to source your work by including hyperlinks of quotes and ideas in the text.
Please look at our existing content before submitting your piece to give yourself a better idea of style, language and type of content we are looking for.
Original content: We are only looking for original content that has not been published elsewhere. If you wish to republish your piece on another site or your own blog after publication, please contact us to receive permissions.
Please do not submit items that:
- Are not yours (by rights) to submit, post, disseminate or transmit;
- Are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, obscene, harmful, tortuous, libelous or invasive of another’s privacy;
- Infringe or violate any party’s copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other proprietary right;
- Contain any viruses, worms or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs;
- Include any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, spam, junk mail or any other type of unsolicited mass email to people or entities that have not agreed to be part of such mailings.
We look forward to receiving your submissions at contact [at] aseaneconomist [dot] com.
Here at ASEAN Economist we welcome comments and encourage you to express your own opinion. No need to register, but please provide us with your name and email address.
All the comments are pre-moderated by the editorial staff before your comment goes live on our site. This is to ensure that comments are not abusive or threatening, spam/advertising, off-topic or defamatory.
We encourage our users to leave comments that are:
- Short and concise
- Relevant to the piece
- Respectful and do not include inappropriate language
- Contributing to intellectual debate